Courtesy of Douglas Baldwin
Time: 2 hours
4 (6 ounce/170 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 to 3 tablespoons (30 to 40 ml) high smoke point oil, such as grape seed, peanut, safflower, or vegetable
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme™ to 146F/63.5C
2. Place each chicken breast into a separate food pouch and vacuum seal.
3. Place the sealed pouches into the pouch rack of the SousVide Supreme™ and cook for at least 2 hours.
4. Remove the chicken breasts from their pouches and pat them dry with paper towels.
5. Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat, watching carefully, until the oil just begins to smoke.
5. Working in batches if needed to prevent overcrowding the pan, place chicken breasts in the skillet and sear until golden brown.
6. Remove the chicken from the pan and season with salt and pepper. Wipe out the skillet and repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
7. If desired, top with your favorite sauce, such as Creamy Spinach and Bacon sauce. Serve immediately.